Monday, November 3, 2008

Interview...

So I had my interview with University of Phoenix this morning. It went Great!!! Not only was it what I was hoping it would be, but more. Everyone seems very friendly there including the Director that I interviewed with. They seem very upbeat and exciting and are moving into a brand new "up to date" office in Feb which looks way cool from pictures and the floor plan that he shared with me. I could not imagine working in some of the old drab buildings in this town. I was not formally offered the job yet (gonna be optimistic on this one) because they are waiting for a background check which they should get on Friday, hopefully. He said that I was the top candidate and is very excited that I have ties to the military since it is such a huge population of people here and they currently have no access to recruit students on base. It is a sales position but not like used cars (yeah, I think of that stereotype too when I hear the word sales). I will be talking with potential students who have contacted us for information which is nice. While I am sure there will be some occasions in which people may think that I am bothering them but they are the ones that contact us...we just follow up and get them enrolled. The pay is pretty good too. There is a very livable base pay and then as long as I recruit a minimum of 4 students a month I will receive pay increases accordingly...sounds like the sky is the limit. The team they have working there right now has been beyond successful recently, he said that it did not used to be that way since it was hard to get good solid management in little old Cheyenne Wy but they are very strong now! So hopefully this is the right opportunity and the right path because I am very excited about it!

1 comment:

kbarj said...

yeah Erma!!!! I can't wait to tell Jason the good news!
Congrats and GOOD LUCK!!!
Sounds like a job you would be great at!

KJ