Monday, November 24, 2008

First Day

My first day at UoP went well! Like any job it will just be nice to finally know everything, it's a four week training program so I just need to be patient. Everyone I work with seems very nice and has done a great job welcoming me, they all have totally different personalities so it should be interesting. It is a little weird cause I have no boss right now. The guy that hired me, our director, got transferred to Iowa so they are in the process of hiring a new one....? I hope our new boss is as cool as our old one seemed...that would totally suck if he/she isn't but I am going to be optimistic and hope for the best. I am not sure if I mentioned it yet but my training schedule is pretty crazy, here is my next month in a nutshell. This week Mon and Tues I have full days observing, Wed is a half day and potluck for turkey day, Thurs and Fri we are closed and I must say it is a good feeling knowing that I will be getting paid for the holidays we have off! My bro and his fiance are driving out and we are all going to Colorado from Wed to Sat(ish) and then I have training the whole next week in Lone Tree Colorado which is a couple hours south of Cheyenne. The week after that I am back in Cheyenne applying what I have learned and then the week after that I will be back in Lone Tree for my final week of training. The last day is on Fri the 19th. WHEW! I'm gonna be pooped but I am not going to complain, I am just happy to finally have a job after my long search.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Em...We are confident you will do a superb job. You and Luke have a wonderful Thanksgiving. We miss you
Love Mom and Jim

The Quinn Report said...

Wow, glad to hear you started and the first day went well! It all seems so fast and it's wonderful that they hired you before the holiday so you get paid for it!

Okay, I'm having my first glass of wine right now in the past 11 months, and I probably shouldn't be typing. It seems more difficult than usual! I should have just left all my mistakes as they were....to give you a good laugh!

The Quinn Report said...

Hey--

Can you email me your address?????