Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Screw this.

This post may be a bit negative if some of you want to veer away from reading this right now....... &%$# chili's. I am so tired of making only 2.13 an hour and guess what I had to do today, clean under the chip machine which is done daily and there was a frickin cockroach...YUCK!!! For those of you who know me I absolutely hate bugs, spiders ok but a damn cockroach? It was so nasty, I moved the baskets that chips go in and it sprinted its happy ass across under the tea machine. I was so close to throwing my apron on the floor and saying "F this, that's it! I quit!" While I do pride myself in having good work ethic, there have been MANY times where I wish my parents did not do such a good job at building my work morals so I could just say F-it or tell someone who stiffs me "Hey Mcfly..do you have any clue that I only make 2.13/hr and work pretty much just for tips?" AHHHH! I was supposed to be done with this job last Wed but could not get anyone to cover my shifts (since they put the schedule up earlier than normal) today and tomorrow so being the good little employee that I am I did not want to leave them hanging. So I showed up to work this am only to find out that they covered my shifts today...nice of them to let me know, but I stayed anyway to help out and play with a damn cockroach. Then I was trying to get done with my sidework aka: cleaning up cockroaches, and I gave the manager my checkout slip, credit card slips, and cash so that I could go home for an hour lunch before I had to go back for my second shift. Ya know what she said...you need to wait till there are more servers ready to check out, I'm too busy. What? I said um, no. If you want me to come back for my second shift you need to take my stuff and clock me out or I will not come back. I just want to know what the hell she was thinking, "sure can I please hang around for 2.13 and hour and maybe play with more cockroaches, pretty please?" Okay, I'm done.

1 comment:

kbarj said...

I love you and I SO know what road you were on when you wrote that!
Stupid people and stupid bugs!
You're almost done Erma!!!