Friday, October 31, 2008

Job Fair

I just wonder sometimes what the heck people are thinking. I went to a job fair here yesterday in hopes to find a job or at least get some more interview experience talking with employers . I walked in there and could not believe how dressed down people were....HELLO People, have you ever heard of first impressions? It was all types and ages of people and I kid you not people were wearing holy jeans and t-shirts. I stuck out like a sore thumb...some people amaze me. Anyway, I only had 45 min from when it started to when I had to work and the fair was much larger than I anticipated. Even though I had to skip through there real fast I was able to make it all the way around and got one possible interview for an HR Position (I am waiting to get a call back from them) and an interview Monday with University of Phoenix for an enrollment councilor/account executive position. It is not exactly human resources but I will still be recruiting students. Guess there are some pretty sweet benefits too, they will pay 100% of my tuition for my masters! They have locations everywhere too so there is always the option to transfer to Minnesota or Arizona. Well gotta get back to spending my day off staring at this dang computer trying to find a job. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

2 comments:

kbarj said...

It is definitely a start! You are will beyond your senses of appropriateness for Cheyenne!!!

Who knew people in Cheyenne didn't wear jeans and t-shirts all the time!?!?!?

Just kidding- hang in there, you'll be out soon!!!!

The Quinn Report said...

Something amazing will come along for you soon....I have THAT feeling! You're a wonderful person and eventually it will pay off for you; it just might take a little extra time than initially anticipated.

Let us know how the interviews go!