Saturday, November 15, 2008

Luke's Part Time Job


So asking Luke to do a good deed and donate blood has not gone over well at all in the past. He says he will get sick. I however see it as an opportunity to give something that I have to someone who's life could depend on it...if in fact I get a little cough or sniffle for some reason because of it...so be it, chances are some day I will need some good clean blood too.
So Luke came home the other day and said "Hey hun, I made an appointment to donate plasma" I thought wow, he is coming around! Then he added "I can make up to $240 bucks a month!" I knew there was a motive and when it comes to money Luke will do just about anything. A couple days passed and he had obviously been brainstorming about it, he started talking about all the things he was going to buy with this new found cash flow. "Hey I think I'm gonna look at some rims, oh and I'm gonna see if I can find vent shades, maybe a bed liner too!" If I had not mentioned it before Luke recently got a new truck, but the fact that it is a brand new 2008 is just not satisfying enough, little stinker wants to add all the details that his old truck had. So far he has gotten his windows tinted, attempted to install auto start (best buy jacked it all up though) and talked Ruben (the truck salesman) out of installing some new mudflaps as a trade for a referral he sent him.
Luke's first appointment went well, came home with a pricked finger and a bandage on his arm and a new cash card from biolife. He was so pumped that they just handed him this credit card with cash on it, it all seemed too easy. So he made appointments for both of us today, me a new patient and him to go get more plasma sucked out of him in return for a higher balance on his new credit card. Come to find out I failed my pre physical because of my dang heart murmur, I have to get it signed off by my doc and then approved by the plasma people. So I went back to the waiting room and started reading my book and waiting for Luke, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting. So I text him and he texts back "I had a little situation" I was sure the big guy passed out cause he gets woozy with doctor's offices. He returned to the waiting room 45 min later with bandages on BOTH arms and walking all stiff. Genius decided to move too much and got hematomas (a collection of blood underneath the skin) and bubbled up so they had to tap into the vein on his other arm half way through to finish. Here I felt bad for him that he got an owey but as we left the building a huge grin grew on his face and he pulled out his card with his bandaged stiff arms and says with a huge smile...."I got 70 bucks now! I'm goin to the ATM tonight and ordering my vent shades for my truck!"
I am just hoping that his new job will not cave his veins or give him tracks making him look like he has been shooting up drugs!?!
Lol, he just walked around the corner limping and said am I flushed? I just got dizzy? Will you make me some food? Haha, we will see how long this lasts!

2 comments:

The Quinn Report said...

Only LUKE!!!! That is such a funny story and you literally made me LOL!

kbarj said...

That is hilarious. I might have to jump on that bandwagon too! It might be a miracle if I ever could even talk to Jason about it without him passing out - just thinking of needles!