Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Work With Me

Let me take you through my shift with me last night at work, it was very slow which was nice for a change. We have been totally swamped lately which is good but it is nice to be able to relax a bit too! Us three are the last three original bartenders that opened Chili's. Courtney (left) used to bartend but came back and is serving now until she moves. She won the title of Miss Alaska and was recently on Miss USA in April, she won miss photogenic. So excited for her! Heather, heather, heather(middle)...where do I begin? Some of you may recognize her because she came home to Minnesota for Christmas with me a couple years ago. We have had many random, gut busting moments! We have been through quite a bit together and I will miss her dearly. And well, y'all know me!
Kiel and Heather, um......yeah, this is one of the many random moments we have with the chili's family! Oh, hilarious... I dressed Kiel up with me and one other girl for Christmas, I made elf costumes. I will have to look for the pics and post them sometime it was too funny, and I must say Kiel made an Awesome elf!
Lukey poo came to visit me, I love when he does! Well he looks pretty pissed that I am taking his picture. We have this option on our new camera called BS or Best Shot, you choose the setting and this was a perfect chance to try out the "back light" option since the windows were shining brightly through behind them. Turned out pretty good! Oh, the guy to the left is Jocquis, we went through our alcohol training together, he is also one of the original chili's crew and has come in every Sunday shift with a hangover or still drunk. Another person I will miss like CRAZY!!
A few hours a head, Jocquis and I finished our shift and I must say my bar was so nice and shiny! I was surprised how well I did in tips last night since it was so slow!
Okay this looks like a weird stalker picture, especially since you can tell that I took this while standing outside of my car (the shiny spot in the bottom left). I just wanted to show y'all that summer is coming! The sky is still light and it is 11:30 pm!!! One more thing I will miss, the Alaska summers, they are definitely something to experience =)

2 comments:

kbarj said...

Hey Emma! I love reading this. Now I think I might know more of the updates than Jason! Ha ha!
Either way, I'm super excited to hear that you guys are coming to MN in June (hopefully it will stop snowing, raining, and blowing by then - yuck weather right now!).
Talk to you soon!!

d-people said...

Amen sista! It's shitty here too. We just got dumped on again....WRONG TIME OF YEAR!!!