Friday, April 11, 2008

.....Cotd

HOLY BAMBOO We were walking through the jungle and saw a huge patch of bamboo. I had no idea that it grew in big clumps and that it is so huge.
I was just getting done tanning and was on my way into the ocean to cool off when I almost stepped on this little guy. So we decided to traumatize him further and put him in a bucket for a little while and named him Hermy, how original!
Karin, Kali, and I went horseback riding in the jungle and it was awesome! Minus the horrible hangover we had a great time. We made our way through the jungle to end at a river, eat lunch, and swim in the cool freshwater, man that felt GOOD. I really think it helped with the hangover too. The weirdest thing I have seen in a while was on this adventure. We were riding along and looked down and there was a line of little green leaves moving...ANTS!! It was so cool, these ants were carrying leaves to who knows where, it was just like the movie ants!
Wow! I'm gonna save this Kodak moment for Justin's future wife. Luke was putting cool aloe on Justin's ouchie burnt back, oooooh so cute!
Once again I was on my way to the ocean after catching a tan and saw this slimy thing hangin on the beach. It was like a huge slug or something so we asked around and they said it was some kind of sea snail or conch so we found a conch shell and he slipped in there. Kali, Sam and I swam out and dropped it off.
Male Holler Monkey



Kali and the resort managers too cute daughter Genesis.




Um....yeah, this is the "plane" we took from Belize city to Placencia (the peninsula we stayed at). This goes down in history for the smallest plane I have ever been on. Luke barely fit in it, when he was sitting his head was no kidding 1 inch from the ceiling. I can not imagine what my face looked like, I was so scared I was praying the entire flight. So we take off, the pilot did not say anything or give an introduction like they do on the big commercial flights, I can see out the front windshield thing and I look in the ragged pocket on the chair in front of me to see a yellow plastic thing...guessing it was the life vest, then I asked Luke where the exits were and he said "Hun, if it gets to that point just hang on and enjoy the ride because it will be over." I ask you now, what the heck is the point of the yellow "life vests"? Oh, I am so grateful to know I have a husband that will console me when I am so scared I am on the verge of shaking, he always makes everything so much better!


There were sand dollars everywhere on the ocean bottom. Except they were not the pretty white kind. They were brown and had millions of little moving hairs all over them...YUCK! It took me a few days but I finally warmed up to the harry little suckers and held them with my bare hands!!! Mom and Dad you would be so proud!


One of the highlights of my trip was catching Justin sitting in front of the little powder room mirror getting ready, I am so lucky to have such a neato brother in law =)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You had to put the powder mirror pic up for all the world to see didn't you!! Haha..

-Justin