Monday, April 7, 2008

Monkey River

Mama Crocodile



These leaves were so cool, they had Velcro on the back and Sam and Kali were sticking them to their clothes!




Baby crocodile

The one tour we took together as a family was the Monkey River tour. We left around 8am and walked to a random dock and some guy in boat came and picked us up, the guys name...Jeremy. It had been cloudy the day before and the morning started out cloudy so Luke and I did not think of putting on any sunscreen. However, we had Karin and she was a lifesaver with her bag of goodies that contained what do you know...sunscreen, oh so happy =) But, Luke and I being desperate for any kind of sun (since we just got done with 5 months with all dark) did not put some on till, oh say, about the end of the ride. Idiots!! We got totally fried and were regretting
every moment of our love for the sun when we crawled into bed that night in a cabana with no AC!

Ok, back to the tour. They took us to the town of Monkey River first to place our lunch order that we would come back for later, chicken or fish. The only way to get to this town was by boat. We set off for our adventure whizzing through thin trails of water, crocodiles, many various types of birds, jumping schools of fish, and beautiful scenery! Half way through we got off the boat and went on a walk through the jungle to look for holler monkeys. That was one of the coolest things I have done in a while. I felt like we were on Honey I Shrunk the Kids because everything in the jungle is HUGE! Here are some pictures



Termite nest. Jeremy cut a hole in it with his machete and they came pouring out looking for the attacker, YUCK!




















I forgot what kind of tree this is but it is a pretty pic so that's why I put it on here. Compliments to Justin, I think he took this one!










This is the boat and the dock (obviously) where we stopped in the town. Notice where I decided to sit...in the sun. and also notice where I should have been sitting....under the canopy in the shade. I am getting fried as we speak in this pic. Never again, I need to maintain my youth full skin not burn the crap out of it!


Okay more pics to come, I have to start a new post because these pictures are coming up in the wrong order.

No comments: