Saturday, April 5, 2008

Belize can we go back!?!

Our trip to Belize was amazing! Originally they were going to take us on a cruise but they came across the Green Parrot resort in Belize which they visited in November and fell in love with it. Since this is the first year that Luke has not been deployed we finally went on the trip. I have not been on many tropical trips but this is my FAVORITE so far. We were the only ones at the resort for a few of the days, otherwise a couple would come and go here and there. The staff were there to fulfill our every need or want we had and it was so laid back, talk about relaxing! There were just about 7 cabanas which were all only about 20 yards from the ocean. We fell asleep to the waves and woke up to sunshine and crazy sounding tropical birds, I found myself laughing laying in bed listening to them. Rough, I know. Here is the dock and hammock where we usually spent our mornings drinking coffee, chatting and reading. I did not get too much reading done since the only reading materials I brought was homework. My professor asked if I was able to get ahead with all the time off, I had to tell her that the sun was too bright on the white paper so I couldn't read. Yeah, nice excuse I know.
This is one of the cabanas, Luke, Justin and myself were in one and Brad, Karin, Sam, and Kali in one right next to us. It was so nice to be able to spend time with them and get to know them better. I would not have rather had the trip any other way =)



First time I tried coconut milk. I love coconut but I did not love the milk, it was fun to taste though
Luke wishing he had coconuts!!! Very manly I must say
The gang at Tipsy Tunas Restaurant in town.

There were many great memories made on the trip and I will share more with you later, lets just hope that I did these pictures right and they show up!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What is the name of the monkey with the two coconuts???

kbarj said...

Yeah! I love that you started a blog! I will communicate to Jason what a blog is - and try and get him to be able to log on so he can read it too!
I want to go to Belize!!!

d-people said...

LOL! more like ape!

d-people said...

Yeah Kate, you'll have to translate since my Bro isn't very computer literate =) Hope you guys enjoy it!