Sunday, August 31, 2008

My First

I went to my first football game. Not only was it my first but my first Green Bay Packers game too. It was a preseason game so I am guessing it was not as exciting as it would have been if it was a regular game but it was still a cool experience. We drove a little over an hour to the stadium in Denver to watch them play the Broncos.
Luke in front of Invesco Field.


We went to the game without tickets, planning on to buy some off the street since general admission was 40 bucks per seat and we, or should I say I, was not willing to pay that much for a plastic folding chair. We did end up spending $40 per ticket but they were seats in the season ticket area which cost $70 each. So we did end up getting a good deal but it was a little nerve wrecking handing over $80 cash to some random guy and getting two pieces of paper in return.
The Broncos display was pretty cool to watch. They had the bronco on the left that blew up and then flames that shot out, we could feel the heat all the way back from where we were sitting.
I must say that physically being at the game is way more intense and exciting than watching it on TV. Now I understand a little more why Luke spends the amount he does on attending the Packers/Vikings game in Wisconsin.
The stadium was almost totally full if you can see here in the back ground (you may be able to double click on the picture and it will blow up) how full it is. And yes, Green Bay did win which made it even better for the rude broncos fan that was sitting next to us!

4 comments:

The Quinn Report said...

Darn, I am a Broncos fan! Not die hard, but I prefer them over Green Bay.

One of my favorite things to do is go to football games.....glad you aren't a football virgin anymore!

d-people said...

LOL....Yeah cherry popped! Would have been way more fun sitting next to you instead of the smelly guy!

Anonymous said...

Hey you two, Mom Cheri here. Great job on the blog. I love it!! Nice way to keep in touch with everyone. I can at least see you in pictures and see what you have been up too. Can't wait for you to come to Florida to see our neck of the woods. Emma...glad you finally got to a game. It's awesome to be there in person. I hope this made you a packer fan now. Love you guys, Mom.

Anonymous said...

Hey
Nice Job!!!
It was nice to see you again and meet Luke when you were going thru here
You have been busy since you left SD
Glad you did the tourist things and that you went to Frontier days and had FUN!!!
Luke congrats on the Packer win Monday night---Maybe the Viks will do better next time since it is @ home
Thx for the note and your blog address--we will try to look @ it so we know whats up
Please feel free to stop in on your way thru
R & J