Friday, August 22, 2008

Some Concerts and a Calf Ride

Don't know how many of you have heard of Cheyenne Frontier Days but it is one of the biggest rodeos. It is some pretty serious stuff, so Luke and I being the newbies in town decided to attend. We volunteered the first night to sell beer at the Kelly Pickler and some other guy concert. Then a couple days later Luke and I went to see Sugarland and Tracey Lawrence. It was a ton of fun and they both put on a great show! I made Luke take me to the rodeo there one of the days. He is such a good hubby, I told him that I can not live in Cheyenne and not go to the rodeo. That is like living in MN and never going to the Mall of America.
Check out these belt buckles that the winners won, they are ridiculously huge!
And yes, the Cavanaugh came out in me. Had to dress the part right?
About a week later I left to go visit my friend Noel in San Antonio. We drove to Houston and saw John Meyer in concert. He sounded Awesome, better in concert than on his CD which almost never happens. However, do you see how shiny we already are here in the picture. The concert was outside. We dressed up all cute in dresses and ended up in a big sweaty mess by the end. I kid you not I could feel sweat running down the back of my legs, it was pretty disgusting but totally worth it!
And yes, that is John Meyer with no shirt on! Bonus for us.
He does make some very weird faces when he sings though?
I left there on a Tuesday and was planning on driving to MN that next day but the weather had different plans for me. I got stuck at the San Antonio airport for half of the day because of the hurricane that was there at the time. Then as we were finally getting close to Denver it was hailing so we had to circle in the air for about an hour and did not land into Denver until 730 then I had an hour and twenty min drive home to Cheyenne. Yeah, looonnngg day. But I made it safe. I drove to MN 13 hrs straight through and it was not as bad as I thought. It actually went very fast. The next morning I had an appointment to get an eye job, yes lasik and I Love it!!! I see better than 20/20 now. Technology just amazes me.

I spent a few days at my sisters house and got to go to swimming lessons with my nephews. It totally brought back memories. They did awesome, these are pics of them jumping in. A little dark.
So every now and then it would get real quiet at my sisters and Albert would not be anywhere in sight. Every time this happened I would check his room and he would just be standing there staring at this fish tank thing it was way cute.
Henry let me give him a Mohawk. Can you tell I just can not get enough of my nephews.
This is me and my future sister in law Kate. We were walking out of the bar and spotted this little calf mannequin so what else would two Cavanaughs do...hop on and ride it!




No comments: