Sunday, August 24, 2008

Debbie Downer with the New Jobs???

So I am back at Chili's and bartending at the club on base, booooo. Well it could be worse, I know I should be happy that I am employed but I am sooo tired of this type of work. These jobs are serving their purpose until I find a "real" job.
So I applied at chili's and they saw my experience and were so thrilled that they threw me on the schedule right away without any of the orientation or anything (I told them I was available 20-25 hrs/week). My first day and first shift was on a Saturday and was a double....what? Yeah that is what I said and it gets better. My schedule was/is Saturday double, Sunday double, Monday they had me scheduled but I told them I would not work, Tuesday double, Wednesday double, and then bartending Thurs and Friday at the club on base. I have been trying to work on my resume so I can find a real job but I have no time AHHHH.
Luke was called up last night (sat) and told that they were low manned and had to go to the field sun early am till wed. He was not sure what to expect but I guess now he knows. He made and brought two sandwiches and a couple granola bars to last him until wed unless they get some relief. I guess he is sleeping in a truck or something. I don't think he can say too much about what he is doing but what the &#@*? My poor baby is seriously roughing it and I can't stand the thought that he does not have a pillow to sleep on, it just crushes me knowing that I am sleeping in our warm cozy bed and he is........who the hell knows where. I know this was kind of a bummer post but just thought y'all might be interested in what we are doing with our time right now! I have a very positive and happy post for the next blog to make up for this one : )

1 comment:

The Quinn Report said...

That SUCKS that Luke is out there like that! I can't believe THIS is what his job entails. Anyways, hope yours gets better and maybe it will all be worth it if you can bring home a ton of kwan!