Sunday, August 16, 2009

18 weeks

It is pretty sad. Luke and I found ourselves full out cleaning the house FRIDAY night, what the heck? How does this happen, I want Pam my maid from Alaska back and a fun Friday night. I can only imagine it is going to get worse once this "nesting" thing that is supposed to happen kicks in. Too bad Luke will not be here to enjoy it. He has been waiting and waiting for me to start so he does not have to clean the house (since he is the one usually doing it) but he is going to be in Texas training for a bit. I told work that I am going to work up to Christmas and then be done...I hope I am not early because that is just three weeks before I am supposed to pop this thing out.

I had my first pregnancy nightmare last night. I had a dream that I went to the doctor and they told me that I was not as far along as they thought. They said my new due date was JUNE 2010...SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. So I made them do some other kind of test and they said oh yeah we were wrong it will not be that long. You are due MAY 2010...still not OK, I was totally freaking out in my dream and trying to figure out if I was really human. Needless to say I woke up and all was well except just a couple days ago when I woke up my gut was still pretty flat but now it sticks out. No more even trying to suck it in for me. But the super cool side of being almost half way through this "great journey" is that I am feeling it move every day which is pretty cute =0) Luke wants to feel it so bad, but I think it just isn't strong enough yet.

So here we go again...a picture of me getting FAT and forcing a smile. I am going to make Luke take one with me next time except I am sure he will not feel as self conscious as I do, I should make him post a naked picture then he will get it!


Gosh I just read over this message and dang I make it sound like I really hate this. In all honesty I do not like the process of it so far at all. BUT I love the fact that in just 4-5 months I am going to have my own little baby to love the crap out of. And then when I start freaking out about it growing up and trying to teach it the right way to do things I just remember that I have Luke and he is going to be the best parent ever so I think we have it covered. Dang how did I get such a great hubby?

3 comments:

The Quinn Report said...

You're beautiful; can't wait to c u!!!

Unknown said...

Hi baby,
Tell your mommy she looks beautiful.
Love you,
Grama Colleen

kbarj said...

You do look wonderful - pregnant, that's what you are! So pretty and cute little belly!!! I'll show Jason the pics tonight, I'm sure he's feeling a bit of "big brother" right now and will be glad to see that you're doing just fine...and that its not an alien baby due next June.