Monday, June 2, 2008

I Graduated!!!

Who would have ever thought that I would graduate from college! Well, I did on Mother's Day. I tell ya, it was soooo surreal standing in the sea of black caps and gowns! For those of you who don't know I graduated with a major in sociology and a minor in psychology. It was a nice ceremony and we had some great speakers but it lasted FOREVERRRRR. I had quite a few friends that came to celebrate; Luke, Sarah and Kevin our very good friends and neighbors who we are staying with now until we move, Ross and Val a gal I work with and her husband, and Heather who I work with that came home for Christmas with me a couple years ago. I was so happy that they came to celebrate with me, Thankyou guys!
I am so upset though, this new camera that we got.... made the pictures blurry =( There are a few that turned out but all of the very good ones were fuzzy. We did video tape it with a camcorder my parents got me to tape it ,so we have the real action! Thanks Mom and Dad!



The girl I sat next to (who you can see walking behind me) would not keep her distance and kept stepping on my feet, UUUHHHH I was so irritated. And the guy on the other side of me was very large, I tell ya it was a very long 3 hours but totally worth it!


The president of UAF opening the ceremony

The most important moment, me getting my empty diploma and its frickin fuzzy.
Of course after the ceremony our camera started to behave for this photo with my friend Sarah. I will explain the cords I got to wear! The gold sash is from Golden Key International Honor Society, I was accepted for being in the top of my class, the teal cords are from Alpha Kappa Delta the National Sociological Honor Society, and the gold cords are for University of Alaska Fairbanks honors, I graduated Cum Laude! So happy all the hard work gained me some pretty decorations =)
Her husband Kevin being funny and walking in front of the camera, dang Wisconsin people are so weird!
Lukey poo and me.

1 comment:

The Quinn Report said...

Dang, I wish I could have been there :(