Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Homeless




Such a sad day, we are officially signed out of our house. It took them one and a half days to pack up all of our stuff and half a day to load it and then they drove away with our life in the white truck. It is bitter sweet, I personally am sad to be leaving since this is the first place I ever lived on my own in addition to me and Luke's first place together. Luke is excited to leave and I would be surprised if he took even a second to glance back. Me on the other hand have already been crying, I have grown so much as a person in my 4 years in Alaska. I am very pleased with what Alaska has given me and who it has made me. I will always have a small part reserved in my heart for this place. Okay, one question. Why do you always meet and get very close with the cool people at the end of the trip? It really stinks. We have been getting to know some people that Luke works with who are from Wisconsin, we have already planned another fishing trip next summer with them. Also our neighbors Sarah and Kevin who are also from Wisconsin have been nice enough to let us live with them the last two weeks before we drive out of here. And once again, even though we have known them for a while we have gotten much closer over the last year. So sad. for all you that don't know the plan, we are driving out of here this Friday or Saturday and heading straight to Minnesota. We should be in Canada driving for four days if everything goes as planned and then down through Montana and over to good old Minnesota! We are so excited to see all of you!


2 comments:

The Quinn Report said...

OH MY GOD! I can't believe you're almost out of there. I thought you would have a lot going on recently, so I haven't called. Give me a ring whenever you get the chance. I'm thinking of you; for I know it's hard to leave that place!

Anonymous said...

I am excited to see you guys! Have safe travels and we will see you in a couple of weeks.