Friday, September 26, 2008

2.13/hour?

I have been working 2 jobs for a little over 1 month now, chili's being one of them. Wyoming only pays 2.13 an hour for servers, is that even legal? Needless to say, I have received 3 paychecks so far and they total $70.....What? I have been working doubles and my tail off for what? And on top of that they are very slow this time of year apparently. I am making great tips percentage wise (in comparison to the amount I sell) but come on, this is such a waste of time and energy. I am totally missing the chili's in Alaska that I worked at, on a slow night I would go home with $100, here I go home with $20. It used to be so frustrating living in a town with only two choices for restaurants, I guess it was a good thing. The serving/bartending job is in place just until I find the job I want and the location I want. So if any of you in Minnesota know of a company that needs a Human Resources Assistant I am their girl! Thank God I make more bartending on base.

2 comments:

The Quinn Report said...

What happened with the post office job?

d-people said...

It was too random. I had to be available any day and any time of the week, I would get anywhere from 10 to 60 hours per week, and would not find out my schedule for the following day untill I was on my way out the door. It was too unreliable and just did not seem right, plus the people I would work with were so moody. Too many clashing elements!